Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Athlete Ringtones

So I'm getting my sports snark fix on Deadspin when this little tidbit catches my eyes. Dirk Nowitzki (who Fighting Nun and I have always called Nabisco by the way. Not the handiest insult, but somehow fun to throw out at the TV when he's trying to shoot a free-throw. "Keep on lobbing bricks Nabisco. Keep it up." See? Fun!!) speaking the words Gong Show from your cell phone is definately the coolest thing ever. But it got me to thinking, if I was to do an athlete themed ring-tone, it would have to be Omar Vizquel's version of "Broadway" by Goo Goo Dolls. If that wouldn't make you light up with anticapation every time you get a phone call, I don't know what would...

Consequently, if anyone would like to purchase the album that said song is on, they would make me very happy. Seriously. Like seriously happy. I have no idea who the other players are (except for Ozzie Smith), but if the Behind the Scenes shots on the website are any indication, this album's got to be awesome.

Now I'm wishing the Giants would put out there own version of ringtones. Come on Sabien, get on that ASAP!!!

4 comments:

Pillow Fighting Fanatic said...

The ring tone stuff was cool, but the demolation of bush stadum was cool, me man, me like construction!

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Wah??? What about Bush Stadium? Yeah I know, Stadium go boom? But what Else???

Pillow Fighting Fanatic said...

Hey, you put the silly links on the page you should Know where they go! Follow the deadspin link, the first article is about busch stadium, follow the link to watch the daily tear down of the stadium: http://www.redbirdcentral.com/demolition_TL.htm

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Deadspin changes their material like nine times a day. THat article was buried by the time I went back... Yeah I saw the article. I get it now....