Friday, June 14, 2013

Trifecta's Summer challenge

Trifecta asked us to describe summer in 33 words or less:



******************************************
Flaky golden-brown crust, vine ripened strawberries combined expertly with tart and tangy rhubarb, baked to perfection, just slightly warm served a dollop of ice cream on top. Summer on a plate.

*******************************************


Summer isn't summer until I have a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie. The farmer's market has a bakery stand and they have strawberry rhubarb pie there. I have to have at least a slice if not a whole pie once per summer. It is sunshine in my mouth and summer in a spoon. God, I'm hungry now. Thanks a lot Trifecta Challenge!  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes!!

We've been harvesting strawberries, and they are definitely the taste of summer. We'll have to plant rhubarb for next year.
Great entry!

Anonymous said...

Ummm. You make me hungry. For me, summer tastes like cherries. I never understood how amazing cherries were before I moved to the Pacific NW (where they are more or less iconic), and now they're my biggest summertime craving.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...now I want pie!

PurpleMoose said...

I have the rhubarb growing in my yard . . . now to find a raspberry patch You have made me hungry. :)

Anonymous said...



Mmmm . . . you've said it all summer-wise! :D

P.S. what time should I be there?

Suzanne said...

Mmm... taste of summer indeed! Awesome take on the prompt. Now I must go in search of pie... ;)

PirateGunn said...

Indeed! PS - another challenge! http://yepirategunn.weebly.com/2/post/2013/06/ligo-haibun-challenge-1406-2106.html

Draug said...

I don't even like rhubarb and now I want a slice.

Trifecta said...

Now we're wishing we'd been more specific with a "describe summer with a food item" prompt. All of these tasty entries... And this takes the cake (or pie)!

Thank you for linking up! Please be sure to return for the voting!

Anonymous said...

My favorite pie... and my favorite summer event (farmer's market). I loved this.

Unknown said...

Delicious and my favorite bite of Summer.

Sini Rachel said...

hmmm...I would have to do all the cooking and cleaning..so I guess I am buying it off and relishing with a Jane Austen.

kymm said...

Yum!