Thursday, February 23, 2006

Baby Huey Is My Co-pilot...

(Pete Levine for Congress!!!)

...Or, at least he should be.

I was going through a strange bit of ennui today, and then Fighting Nun sent me this and a couple of sound bites from this guy (which if I were brighter and less lazy, I'd link to) and it totally made my day.

Since the Olympics started, I've been a bit enamored with this guy. I mean how could you not. He's that Starbucks commercial where that guy has his own personal cheering section following him going "Hank, Hank, Hank", except he is one guy, and he is all sorts of awesome. How could you not want to shred the mountain with this guy cheering you on. "Come on Bloody Munchkin, put the hammer down." O.k. Mr. Baby Huey, I've never skiied before but because you've got such a demanding presence, yes, yes I will."

Any other cheering section in the whole of the Olympics has paled in comparison to this man. The German Bobsled coaches? They try, what with the gutteral screams and all, but they lack the key phrases like "Put it down" and "It's your day today." to really get me going. Who ever has the cowbell up in the luge stands, well, it needs more cow bell compared to this guy.

I'm convinced this guy needs to be my personal motivator. Can you imagine how utterly awesome that would be. He'll just be sitting behind me at work, and any time I'm lacking in motivation all "Blah, blah, blah writer's block, blah, blah, blah bored", he'd be all "Come on Bloody. Get it done blood. (That's the nickname I think he would give me.) It's your day. " And I'd be instantly ready to tackle my task. He'll be back in Tahoe when this is all said and done, not to far from me, I wonder if he needs a job.

In short. Baby Huey, you have an awesome nickname, you are utterly awesome and I would so much like to be your friend. Coffee's on me when you get back from Torino. What do ya say?

2 comments:

Pillow Fighting Fanatic said...

More Cow bell, give me more, do it for you mom!!

Baby Huey

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Dude, that is great! I've now rewritten that skit in my head so that Baby Huey is now Christopher Walken's Character. Awesome.