Thursday, November 16, 2006

Terrell Owens writes a Children's Book

Bear with me, I realize that statement is a bit much to take in. I mean, I heard this sentence today, and It's in English, but I really just don't understand. Terrell Owens. Wrote a Children's Book. TERRELL OWENS. Was Allowed. To Write. A Children's Book. No, I don't understand it either. And get this, the title is... Little T Learns to Share. No, Really. Terrell Owens is probably the last person in the world I would've expected to write on the topic of sharing. Next you're going to tell me that he has a book planned about TEAMWORK (tenatively titled, Little T learns to SHUT UP and Play).

So this got me thinking; What other books could be written by superstar athletes in which they put forth a life lesson that they actually haven't learned themselves? Given that I'm a novice when it comes to professional sports, I'm not sure I have the tools at my disposal to make accurate guesses, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Obeying Traffic Safety, By Ben Roethlisberger

Headbutting Is Wrong, by Zinadin Zidane

Being Polite While Using NYC Transit , by John Rocker

Just Say No, By Micheal Irving

Drugs are Cheating, Drugs are Bad, by Mark McGwire, Jose Conseco, Jason Giambi and special guest writer Barry Bonds.

Good Sportsmanship, by Ron Artest (alternative titles: Don't Throw Things and Turn the Other Cheek)

Being Santa Claus, by Bobby Knight

How to be Humble, By Charles Barkley, special insert by Shaquille O'Neal

Girls CAN TOO play with Boys, By The University of Colorado Football Team. Special Foreward by Vijay Singh.

What No Means, By Cobe Bryant

Don't Make That Bet, by Pete Rose

No comments: