Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm not sure I care

O.k., so I know I'm mighty obsessed about the Olympics and all, and figure skating is supposed to be my sport and all, but I just can't get all worked up over this. On the one hand, I don't know why she has to go through this whole rigormarole to compete, on the other hand, I watched her four years ago, and I knew the only reason she was out then was just to get Olympic Gold, and when she didn't get it, well... part of me thinks she just should've left it. I mean, I believe she got third. I'd take third place on, well anything really, but especially anything Olympicy. If by some far stretch I make it on the women's skeleton team and we ended up getting third, I wouldn't be all "I'm going to denounce retirement and wait four more years and try to win gold" I'd probably be dancing around in my olympic dorm room, wearing nothing but the medal and dancing on my bed and singing the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song. But of course I'm not an Olympic athlete and I do not have the competitive drive that other Olympic athletes do and I also apparantly have a strange olympic medal fetish, fascination if you will, so what do I know....

No comments: