Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bloody Munchkin's Media Consumption
Reading – A co-worker lent this to me, and I’ve been kind of reading it off and on for about a week. Haven’t got that far, but immediate reaction? Meh. So far, I can’t be bothered to care. The two main characters introduced are just too…. British? I don’t know, it’s just not working for me.

Sadly Watching – I know that the way this year’s team turned out, we probably didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of winning the division, but the Giants just kinda dangled it in my face, like “Maybe we’ll get the division this year, we’re not that far behind” and then, just as quickly they yank that chance, that hope away from me. I’m like a playful kitten given a very amusing string, only to have it yanked away from me. Le Sigh.

Listening To – I loved (Loved!) their first album. Fighting Nun still considers it one of his favorite albums. This one brings the same good poppy sound, if a bit more toned down. It’s a little edgier and doesn’t have the same sense of fun the first one had (Come On, C-c-c-cinnamon is probably one of the most fun songs in my collection), but it is still very good overall. Highlights: Invincible, A Million Ways.

Bummed but not surprised about – I finally find a show on Fox of all places that I’m interested in, and what happens? They can it. Screw You Fox! You can bite the fattest part of my ass for that one. I start to care about one of your shows on the fall line-up and you dump it before I can fully enjoy it. Bastards…

No comments: