Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Solving the World's problems

So I think I solved the problem of depression, low energy, hell I think the answers to world peace might lie somewhere in this very solution. Ready for it?

Talk to your best friend. Call her. Call her right now and talk to her and talk to her some more and then listen. Laugh. Laugh hard. Make her laugh. Cry just a little. Realize that your best friend is little bit neurotic but realize that you are a lot neurotic so you compliment each other perfectly. Blame both sets of parents for making each of you neurotic. Laugh about how neurotic your parents are. Talk about and also laugh about how neurotic your extended families are. Make plans. Not just plans to see each other again, although those need to happen to, but real honest to goodness plans, something creative and exciting. Moan about being a grown-up and how much being adult sucks, and mortgage payments, bills, blah-blah-blah-let's-go-back-high-school-except-not-really-because-high-school-sucked-but-we-actually-got-to-see-each-other-more-than-once-every-few-years-so-getting-to-spend-time-with-you-back-then-actually-rocked-but-high-school-sucked-cakes. Tell her to stop calling her ex and to stop taking his calls. Have her tell you that everything will work out somehow and not to worry.

I'm serious about this. Yesterday, given that it was Concert Recovery Day, I was wiped. I mean exhausted. I just wanted to lay down on the couch with Fighting Nun and veg out. And then she called and from the second I heard her voice, I was instantly energized. She was a blast of fresh air and whether I knew it or not, was exactly what I needed. We've been friends for years now. Given the small town I'm from, we've actually known each other from elementary school, but our bond didn't really form until high school. And even though I'm a horrible friend and I don't call her as often as I should and because we both move so much, we have a hard time keeping track of numbers and such, the bonds still run deep. Doesn't matter how long we go without talking, when we do talk, we always pick up right where we left off. And when we finish the conversation, we always say "I love you". And we mean that. J will always be my girl and I'll always have her back and she'll always bring me sunshine. I feel renewed and I feel grateful that she's in my life.

Hey J, I love you girl. Just thought I'd say that...

No comments: